Saturday, December 02, 2006

Monday is the day

Everyone at my house is sad. I'm just tired so I'm laying around alot. I have an appointment with Dr. Bethany on Monday morning and I won't feel sick anymore. I know my family loves me and I try to show them with my eyes. My lady says I am still very gentle and she can't stand to see me hurt anymore.

Here is a recap of my life. My first lady adopted me when my brother was adopted across the street from her. The man and lady at that house had a farm and loved me very much. They said that I was there to help the lady when she stopped feeling good. When she got too sick, they had to move and my new lady is her daughter. There is a teenager and a little girl in their house. Even though the man of the house likes cats (I still don't get that) he took good care of me too. The last year of my life I got to go play agility equipment and show how good I could listen to my teenager. I must have done good because we brought home alot of ribbons.

Thank you to all of my friends who have come by to encourage me. A special shout out to Bear for enouraging my lady to let me have my own blog. There aren't a lot of dogs who get one. Don't feel sorry for me, I have had a nice life. My family will miss me for a long time but that means they had a lot of happy times with me. Thanks again for stopping by and if you think of my family, pray for them .

Shadow

3 Comments:

Blogger John Strain said...

Hi Shadow, it's me Bear,

I am sorry you have been sick and I know your family loves you and they are going to help you.

Did they tell you about the Rainbow Bridge?

I came to this family after the dog they had left for the Rainbow Bridge. It is a place where all the pets wait until their families come for them.

Tell your lady to look at my dad's blog archives on Saturday March 12, 2005 and there is a poem about the Rainbow bridge.

I will meet you some day Shadow and I will tell my family to pray for your family.

Bear

1:58 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Hi Shadow, I have heard of the Rainbow Bridge also! I'm a cat, and we go there to wait for our family to catch up with us and take us on to Heaven with them. All dogs (and cats) go to Heaven, don't ya know?!
You touched our lives, Shadow. I will pray for you and your family tonight.
~Elliott~

3:24 PM  
Blogger Jemelene said...

Elliott and Bear,

Thank you for comforting my family. I can tell that this is very hard for them (especially my teenager). My lady just keeps making sure I'm comfortable today. I have my big pillow and blanket to keep me comfy. I heard her say that I can have table scraps tonight. Then tomorrow I take my trip to the Rainbow Bridge to play and wait for my people.

Until then, remember to enjoy your companions!

Shadow

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home